Canada Social Security Agreement With Philippines

Under the agreement, Canada will consider your U.S. social security loans acquired after 1951 and 18 years, as well as periods of stay in Canada after 1951 and 18 years, as the OAS residency requirements. However, to be entitled to have your U.S. credits counted, you must have been in Canada for at least one year after 1951 and 18 years. Hello Binu – I am not an expert on the contribution aspect of one of the agreements, but I think there are very limited options, depending on your status in Canada and the type of employer you work for. Revenue Canada would be the authority in this area. A: A few years ago, there was an immigration class for people who were engaged to be married to Canadians, but that category no longer exists. So you can`t start the immigration process until you`re married. In some cases, it might be helpful to have a wedding ceremony earlier than planned to kick off the immigration ball. If you are married, you can start the sponsorship process before returning to Canada, as long as you really intend to return to Canada. Otherwise, your fiancĂ© could travel with you to Canada (as a Swede, he does not need a visa to visit Canada) and if you got married here, you can start the sponsorship process for Canada.

In addition, your employer must indicate whether you remain an employee of the U.S. company while you operate in Canada or whether you will become employees of the U.S. company`s subsidiary in Canada. If you become a related company, your employer must indicate whether the U.S. company has entered into an agreement with the IRS, pursuant to Section 3121 (l) of the Internal Income Code, to pay U.S. Social Security taxes for U.S. citizens and residents employed by the subsidiary and, if so, the agreement comes into effect. Canada`s Social Security Services (i.e., OAS, CPP or QPP) will review your complaint if it infringes your rights under the Canadian system, while U.S. social security authorities will review your complaint if it infringes your rights under the U.S. system. Since each country`s decisions are taken independently of the other, a country`s decision on a particular issue cannot always be consistent with the other country`s decision on the same issue. Brent – Yes, I am almost certain that, under the Canada-U.S.

agreement, you will be entitled to U.S. Social Security. Hello, Doug, your help will be greatly appreciated. I am 15 years old, I live in Courtice, Ontario. My question is about the survival pension. My father is dead, and apparently I can apply for this pension here in Canada and in my father`s country, Chile. My father worked in Chile for a short time, when he was young, before coming to Canada as he did 50 years ago. Both pensions work the same way.

Being a student until I`m 24. Can I receive both reversion pensions? (My mother divorced my father, at least for the survival pension in Chile, she is not eligible). If I apply for the pension in Chile via Service Canada (Chile and Canada have an agreement), how does it work? If I am ashamed in Chile, I must, among some documents they ask, obtain Chilean nationality, which I do not have about it. To do this, I also need a Chilean identifier, similar to our SIN, whose number is used for almost everything in Chile. So, just to begin with, I should get these two things through the Chilean Consulate in Toronto. If I apply for the survival pension in Chile via Canada, would it be the same with respect to the necessary documents, which means that I still have to do the same at the consulate mentioned above? That`s what I want to avoid. Assuming I apply to Canada, how does the payment of Chile`s benefit work? I would not worry about paying from here.